STEPS TO OBTAIN A REAL ESTATE LICENSE
1. Complete the Salesperson Registration Education Program
To be registered as a salesperson with the Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO), you must complete the Real Estate Education Program delivered online by Humber College.
2. Get Registered with RECO
Upon completion of the Salesperson Registration Education Program, the applicant has satisfied the licensing educational qualification in Ontario for a Sales Representative’s license restricted to provide real estate trading services and will qualify you to work for a licensed brokerage. To trade in real estate in Ontario, you must obtain registration with the provincial regulator, Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO). Anyone who wants to register as a salesperson with RECO, must:
• Be a resident of Canada
• Be at least 18 years old
HOW TO OBTAIN SALESPERSON REGISTRATION WITH RECO
• Complete the Pre-Registration segment within 18 months of your start date for Real Estate as a Professional Career
• Obtain employment with a registered brokerage firm
• Submit your application for RECO registration, through your brokerage, within 12 months of completing pre-registration
NOTE: Your application must include a completed Canadian Criminal Record Check
A Note about your RECO Salesperson Registration Registration Renewal:
• You must renew your registration every two years.
• To renew your registration, you must successfully complete the Articling segment within 24 months of the start date of your initial RECO registration.
To maintain your registration, you must complete the continuing education requirements, offered through RECO in every two-year cycle.
Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance
You are also required to pay E&O Insurance annually. Without payment your license is suspeded by RECO.